Why Pneuma Christian Academy?
- Christian education, teaching students biblically-based values with a strong academic foundation.
- Small classroom size, allowing for individual attention to each student.
- Teachers are invested in the lives of the children, educationally and spiritually, with daily devotional instruction, prayer, and worship.
- Family-oriented: being a part of PCA is being part of our family. Parents are heard and made participants in children’s education.
- Genuine love for your children from all teachers, administration, and staff at PCA.
Strong Academic Foundation
Bible-based, proven curricula from BJU Press, Alpha and Omega Publications, and Abeka
3rd-5th Grade: blended learning, using books and computer-based curricula.
6th grade and above: computer-based curriculum, 100% online and paperless, accessible anytime anywhere on a laptop or tablet.
Student Learning Opportunities
- Dual Enrollment available for middle school and high school students.
- Annual Science Expo, where students perform experiments and teach the audience the science that they have learned throughout the year.
- Annual Art Expo, presenting art from each of the students in the school.
- Music classes for all grades by experienced musicians.
- Chapel Band, giving students the opportunity to play an instrument or sing.
- Annual Christmas Show where all students participate either as actors, singers, musicians, stage directors, sound “engineers.”
Opening of Pneuma Christian Academy
In 2009, Pneuma Church identified a segment of our population, for whom the public school education was inadequate, sought alternative schooling for their children. The answer came in the opening of Pneuma Christian Academy, designed to address the needs of these families.
Pneuma Christian Academy (PCA) started with a group of parents who homeschooled their children online. These parents wanted to provide their children with the opportunity to learn in a Christian environment but could not afford a private school tuition. In 2009, they moved into our facilities with 6 six students. Today we have 85 students attending PCA from 1st to12th grade. The student body is made up of youth who were not doing well in school, failed classes and had a negative attitude towards school. All that has changed here. Their grades have improved tremendously and their attitude towards their schooling as well.
On January 2012, PCA expanded and added an educational center for children between 2 to 6 years old. However, after looking at the needs of the whole family, PCA began to accept children as young as 3 months old to provide entire families with a safe, caring, Christ centered for all of their children. This educational center makes a significant difference in the lives of the families of our community; helping them have a better education and successful future. Today, we have a total of 45 students from preschool to 12th grade in attending our school on campus. We still provide online schooling to a significantly growing number of students.
Our goal is to partner with families to make a difference in the world by supporting them to raise citizens with a Christian world view who will extend the Kingdom of God here on earth. Pneuma Christian Academy provides a healthy alternative for parents where their children can stay while they finish their work day knowing that their children are loved, instructed, challenged and equipped to become the repairers of broken walls, the ones who restore ruins and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in all the spheres of society.
Our mission is to teach each student to integrate biblical truths and principles in their lives to assist them to grow physically, emotionally and spiritually, to be an instrument that transforms the community into God’s Kingdom on earth.